SLC 5/04 PV550 AIC and ENI configuration

prlja

Hello everyone,

I'm trying to get this setup online so it can be programmed remotely.

Current configuration (works fine) is:
Panelview 550 2711-B5A5 DH485 connected to Channel 0 on
SLC 5/04 1747-L541 OS401

Channel 1 on 5/04 is DH+ and I can program via 1784-PCMK

But what I need is to get all of this online and I figured I could probably use 1761-NET-ENI in combination with 1761-NET-AIC+ (I have them available)

I am just not sure if I can make all these things talk to eachother. I would normaly get 5/05 and solve the problem but that's not an option. Is there any way NET-ENI could get AIC to ethernet and see PV and SLC ? If there is no way, what would be the next (cheapest) solution. I know about DL3500 and other DH+ to DH485 converters but that's not an option unfortunately.

Thank you very much

The 1761-NET-ENI only implements a DF1 Full Duplex point-to-point connection on its serial port. That means it cannot connect to an RS-232 network running DH485 protocol, or DF1 Half Duplex, or even DF1 Full Duplex with the 'KF2/KF3' multipoint address field in use. So you definitely cannot connect it to the SLC/PanelView DH485 network.

I think you recognize that you don't have the appropriate components to make this system programmable remotely over Ethernet.

Because you're limiting the solutions to 'nothing expensive', that rules out most of the possibilities. Old proprietary networking is expensive, which is why Ethernet is on nearly everything these days.

If you could find a PanelView 550 with DH+ and free up the serial port, you could use the Net-ENI to go online with the SLC-5/04 only. You would have to have somebody locally use a memory card to load applications into the PanelView.