Import variable names from excel into unity pro

TahirQ

Has anyone here tried importing variable names from txt file into Unity pro XL.
Whenever I try to export even one variable, i always get the cannot import the variable or char pos identifier error message. Can anyone shine some light on this please as it will save me a lot of time in the future.
Thank you

I use it all the time
Best if you first export some variables to a txt file, this will give you the correct format.
To export go to the variable table, select some variables, right click, select export selected then for the file type change from the default type to .txt (using the drop down).
To edit I use LibreOffice and open with Calc (you can probably use excel but it may mess up the fields)
To import right click on the variable table (in the project browser) and select the txt file type
From my memory so if I missed something you may have to read the help

Just search the forum for modbus simulator, there has been a couple of threads lately.
You will need to know if you need a modbus master or modbus slave simulator, if you want to query the plc for data then you would need a master, or if you want the plc to query the simulator you will need a slave