Lost Communications Version2.0 RedLion G304K2

gbradley

Lifetime Supporting Member
HMI: Red Lion G304K2
PLC: 1769-L30ERM
What is the best way to re-establish communications?
Everything seems to be working fine, but if I physically unplug the Ethernet cable, the values all go to - - -, and none of my buttons are functional.

I can plug the cable back in, but the connection seems to be permanently severed. The blue Com LED is flickering intermittently, not steady.
If I reboot the HMI by cycling the 24V power, it comes back up, everything is good again.
Has anybody seen this?
Crimson 3.0 (Gold Build 548.001)
The communications network driver that I am using is: Native tags via L5K file version 2.00
I left everything the same, but downgraded to Native tags via L5K file version 1.04, and the communication problem goes away, but now I’ve got other problems. The configuration on the Tags are all different. Now I can’t get all of my tags to work. Where it was bit as bit, it is now Bit as Long???:confused:
I'm hoping that I have something configured poorly, but it appears that there is a problem with the 2.00 driver.
This is my first time working with Red Lion or Crimson 3.0, but I seem to be having more trouble than I expected.

Connection.jpg

Not certain with the E/net I know the rs232 comms defaults to a slower value if you change the driver setting - this causes a bit of fun.
the LONG / real tag is for double word or Floating word format.
zip a copy af the redlion hmi program and post it please

Again not sure with E/net to AB but the two driver versions are different I note that the 1.04 version is similar to the Panel View setup

hope this helps

ver 2.0.JPG ver 1.04.JPG

All is Ok for now,
I was able to get it working with the Native tags via L5K file version 1.04 driver.
I get all confused with Little-Endian Big-Endian:confused:.
Now, if I unplug my Ethernet, and plug it back in, Comms re-Establishes just like I would hope it would with this 1.04 driver.

Red Lion Tech support was pretty helpful, they said that they were purchasing a Compact Logix controller to see if they can replicate my issue with the 2.0 driver, and that they will let me know.

I have also had some strange issues with the V2.0 L5K driver. Red Lion Support sent me a email today saying the same thing. I think something is different between the older units and the newer stuff. Hopefully they get this working properly.