Who Is Here at RS Tech?

The whole point of RSTechED is that drinks are on *them* !

I had a blast at the ones I attended as an RA employee. Learned a little, too.

I understand the Company is hosting an event out on CV-41 Midway; that should be very interesting.

The whole point of RSTechED is that drinks are on *them* !

I had a blast at the ones I attended as an RA employee. Learned a little, too.

I understand the Company is hosting an event out on CV-41 Midway; that should be very interesting.
If you are there don't miss it, that will be an experience unless you've been there done that. ;)

Now that brings back some memories, I spent a few weeks on the Midway back in '70 and lived on its twin CVA-42 USS FDR for six months.
802974432_7f9e40e7b0.jpg

Have one for me. 🍻

Ugh, wish I was there. My company isn't exactly "Proactive" when it comes to TechEd....#sigh.

The Midway was cool. Toured all over the thing. A open bar on the flight deck of a carrier may not have been the best idea in history but it was a lot of fun.

AFAIK no one was drunk enough to fall off.

They are adding a lot of new security features to the Logix family and a lot of modular programming options in studio 5000 / RS Logix 5000 Version 22.

Care to elaborate on the modular programming options?

The ability to pass parameters and view the values on a program level.

So Input and output parameters per program not like the JSR parameter pass.

Logix will have a logical organizer to compliment the controller organizer so your can view programs and tasks in the flow or layout of the line or machine and you can switch between these views by mouse placement.

They have a on machine L7 processor coming also that is IP 67 so combined with other rockwell products you can have a cabinet /enclosure less arcitecture.

Full new line of DC I/O modules that will replace most current part numbers that have been feature combined and scaled to only a few part numbers. Universal analog like spectrum offers is a example.

Time staming on all the new DC I/O cards and such.

They are adding a lot of new security features to the Logix family and a lot of modular programming options in studio 5000 / RS Logix 5000 Version 22.

Any word on future integration of FTView into Studio 5000?

Our group missed the boat this year, but the boss is promising "next year" :oops:

Any word on future integration of FTView into Studio 5000?

Our group missed the boat this year, but the boss is promising "next year" :oops:

From conversations there will be some level of integration at some point but I don't think we will see it until the Panel view 5000 units are fully released which will in many ways negate the need for FT View ME any further.

The distributed answer I think is still up in the air.