allen bradley encoder to high speed counter connection

irondesk40

Have used a micrologix 1200 and connected a Allen Bradley
Allen Bradley 845t-dz33acn (1000 pulse per rev)
and set up a HSC in the function files.
Here is how it is connected.

CONNECTION ENCODER - RED(+24),BLK(-24),
WIRE PAIR -WHITE CHANNEL A OUTPUT (INPUT-0),BLACK (NO CONNECTION)
BLUE CHANNEL B OUTPUT (INPUT-1),BLACK (NO CONECTION)
GREEN CHANNEL Z OUTPUT(INPUT-3), BLACK (NO CONNECTION)

Now looking at using a micrologix 1400 and in the function file it has the options for HSC 0-5.
Would i wire the encoder the same way on the micrologix 1400 and if so how would i wire in another encoder to use as a high speed input?
I have read the manual but it is not exactly clear. Any advice would be helpful. Thanks

CONNECTION ENCODER - RED(+24),BLK(-24),
WIRE PAIR -WHITE CHANNEL A OUTPUT (INPUT-0),BLACK (NO CONNECTION)
BLUE CHANNEL B OUTPUT (INPUT-1),BLACK (NO CONECTION)
GREEN CHANNEL Z OUTPUT(INPUT-3), BLACK (NO CONNECTION)

The above information is what i got from some info in a file. I have not seen the equipment yet but it appears to me that using the above connection it should be connected as follows.
Red (+24), Blk (-24)
White Channel A to input 0
Blue Channel B to input 1
Green Channel Z to input 3.

Has anyone used this type of encoder?