Working with DataMan 8100 Barcode Reader - NEED HELP!

rroze002

Hi all,

I have my DataMan 8100 all set up in RSLogix 5000 (compactlogix controller).

The scanner reads bar codes just fine and brings in the value into one of the default registers (SourceData or something like that). what has me lost is how can the bar code data which is formatted as an SINT[] be processed and displayed as a complete value.

All I can think of is to concatenate all of the bytes in the SourceData register and create a string...but this sounds very inefficient. I would appreciate any guidance on this issue.

Thanks

If you assured the length of the data, couldn't you copy the character data to the .DATA element of the string structure and then set the .LEN element to the data length?

Similar Topics

I am creating a project with WinCC Unified v16 Upd6 (PC runtime) with an S7-1200. The communication is good between the PC and the PLC as I can...
Replies
Views
I'm fairly new to Rockwell software, I've had some basic training in the past but nothing too advanced. My company and I use Reliable products for...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I am working with micro850, a proximity sensor (FOTEK, PL-05P) and a 3DOF serial arm robot. I use MC_MoveRelative to control the...
Replies
Views
Has anyone ever seen where you have a tag reading from the plc in scada. In this instance it's just a PEC, I set it up on one scada terminal and...
Replies
Views
I have a client who periodically experiences network communication issues. Sometimes when I VPN into the site, their SCADA systems will flash comm...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom