RedLion Zebra Printer

Tommycai

I have a zebra printer I need printing strings using a RedLion controller. I made a rs232 connection using the 9600 baud rate along with the one bit parity none hardware control xon/xoff. I went to the program and typed in the PortPrint(#,"Hello") and I connected my laptop using rs232 and used hyperterminal but I see nothing what am I missing? Thanks.

Hello,

In my experience of zebra printer (discontinued today) with PLC or hyperterminal using RS232, it was necessary to send EPL2 string commands to the printer: the printer configuration first, the beginning of a new job, the data with its own format and the job's print command.

Maybe you will find documentation in the zebra site.

Jean-Luc

Last edited:
I figured it out I just forgot to call the program1(). I was thinking it was something like a plc, but the program needs to be called the zebra printer i just followed their exercises and it communicated fine; however, just to let people know I think that the ZM400 Zebra Printer Can NOT Print Rectangle Data Matrix Codes it can Print Square ones.

Im working with a Zebra ZM400 Printer now. Developed a program to print a batch label with a barcode on it. It stores a .txt file on compact flash. However, Im trying to print it over Ethernet. Have you or anyone else had luck with that. If I can just get it to the FTP server onboard the printer, it will print. I current download the .txt file and then FTP from my Laptop, but I want it to go straight to the printer.

Any chance I can get a copy of your RS232 comms Tommycai? Im looking at that tomorrow.