PowerFlex700 remove DeviceNet

Narlin

Lifetime Supporting Member
[FONT=&quot]Hi,[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I have a previously used PowerFlex 700 with DeviceNet and I want to use it to run a 20HP motor powering a water line at constant pressure. This was recovered from some surplus equipment and it was working when removed from service. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]I don’t have a DeviceNet network and don’t intend to get one. Can I uninstall the DeviceNet module and use the standard control option 32 pin I/O? If so, what advice might I get with respect to returning the machine to a factory default condition.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] The Frame 2 has a 20-COMM-D FRN V1.004 installed. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]narlin[/FONT]

I might be mis-speaking, but I believe you can use it as is. You can use a HIM Module to reset it to defaults. The 20-COMM card can be removed or stay there - it's just another port that can be used or ignored.

If you have a safe-off card, the drive will need it to be wired up properly or removed and jumpers re-installed.

I am sure that i don't know what a safe off card is? Can you describe that a little better.

If the HIM turns out to have password protection, can i just purchase a new HIM? Is the psw in the HIM only?