RSLogix Emulator error. "Node is not SLC-500 or PLC-5 processor"

davecole73

Hello.
I am learning Allen-Bradley PLC programming using the RSLogix 500 emulator. So I need some help pls.
I am using the RSLogix Microstarter Lite. I have properly configured RSLinx and Emulator 500. Station no. set at 0. But when I try to go online or upload, I get the error msg "The target node is not a SLC-500 or PLC-5 processor". Pls what could be wrong?

The ladder logic is saved as a .rss and it runs in the emulator.
The problem is that RSLogix microstarter does not see the emulator as a SLC-500 or PLC-5 processor. Thus, it can not read the emulator (processor) status or error.
If this can work, then I will try to clear the error I am having on a real Micrologix 1200 PLC.

emulator not seen by microstarter lite.

Microstarter Lite also cannot upload or download to/from the emulator cause of this error msg.

Last edited:
Verify "select processor type", driver and node. What communication drivers are you using in Rslinx?
I am not sure if microstarter lite have an option to program micrologix 1200.

Last edited:
About microstarter lite and micrologix 1200 compatibility, I'll look it up.
The driver used is PLC-5 EMU in rslinx.
Pls where do I go to select processor type?
And thanks a lot for your response thus far.

Last edited:
RSLogix Microstarter Lite (free version) does not support the ML1200, only the ML1000 and ML1100.

You should use the SLC500 Emulator driver for a .RSS file.

You change the controller type under Controller properties in your RSLogix project tree.

Last edited: