Excell help !!!

leperking1

I know thier are many posts here on this topic, but I need help getting information on how to get data from a A/B 504 proccesor using the Rs 232 port to excell. Note! I only have Rslinx Lite, do I need the professional one. If I can use Rslinx lite how do I set up the DDE file. I have read topics on how to setup Excell.

Also, is there a way to copy data files to excell. An example would be an F8 file 0 to 249.

Thanks!!!

leperking:

You will need something greater than Linx Lite. At a minimum, you will need Single Node. Search the forum for DDE - there have been several recent threads on the subject.

Marc

kevinrcase said:
RS Links oem is cheaper than lite and will handle topics.

Kevin, I'm confused by your post - Linx Lite is free, how can Linx OEM be cheaper?

I think Linx Single Node is the cheapest way to get DDE (and that runs about $300 last I checked). This will work for you only if you can live with talking to one processor at a time.

I ment RS Linx OEM is cheaper than RS Linx Perfesional. Hey I did not know there was an RS Linx single node offered. Thanks for the future info.