conver slc5 to rslogix 5000

The SLC500 RMP instruction is not available in Logix5000 ladder language. A ramp-soak instruction, RMPS, is available in Function Block.

Your program looks like its doing a ramp-soak, with a series of ramps with five second soaks (your delay timers) between.

If you don't have function block extension, or if RMPS is not suitable for your needs then you can easily create your own ramp with a timer and a CPT statement. The ramp equation is
SP = Begin + (End-Begin)/(Time.ACC/Time.Pre)

Another alternative is to program the ramp in a periodic task and simply add the correct value that corresponds to the setpoint rate and your task period to your setpoint.

Last edited:
Do you have the SLC500 instruction set reference manual? You can download a copy from the AB literature library at http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/rm/1747-rm001_-en-p.pdf

The manual provides detailed instructions on how the RMP works internally and gives you the equations for different kinds of ramps.

For each RMP instruction you will create a timer and a CPT statement to do the same thing. Refer to the instruction set reference manual to see what the various words in the RMP instruction block do. Put your preset in your timer preset and use the setpoint begin and end words from the RMP block in the CPT statement to calculate the ramp as shown.

The SLC500 RMP instruction is not available in Logix5000 ladder language. A ramp-soak instruction, RMPS, is available in Function Block.

Your program looks like its doing a ramp-soak, with a series of ramps with five second soaks (your delay timers) between.

If you don't have function block extension, or if RMPS is not suitable for your needs then you can easily create your own ramp with a timer and a CPT statement. The ramp equation is

Another alternative is to program the ramp in a periodic task and simply add the correct value that corresponds to the setpoint rate and your task period to your setpoint.

The ramp equation is
OR
The ramp equation is
SP = Begin + (End-Begin)*(Time.ACC/Time.Pre)

it's true