Rockwell Kinetix 350 configuration help.

JanHoltz

Hi Guys,

I was wondering if anyone can help me. I am trying to setup a kinetix 350 drive with a compactlogix L36.

The problem I am having is that as soon as I assign the drive to a motion group, it faults with "FC06" and then reboots. When I click on the axis (ie: X_AXIS) the conditions are as follows:

Axis State: Faulted
Axis Fault: ConfigFault
Module Faults: ModuleConnFault
Group Fault: No Faults
Motion Fault: No Faults
Initialization Fault: No Faults
Attribute Error: CIPAxi***eptionAction - Invalid Attribute Value.
Start Inhibited: Not Inhibited
Motor Catalog: TLY-A110P-Bxx2

I have gone through the manual numerous times but I am certainly missing something simple.Any help would be appreciated thank you.

Solved.

F.Y.I

I managed to solve my issue. It was a firmware incompatibility issue. I had upgraded the PLC's firmware to 21 and assumed the drives would be ok. But alas, unfortunately not. I had to upgrade their firmware as well.

Now all is well.

Thought I would let you all know.

Happy programming!

Just an explaination for anyone else with the same problem. There is a bug with Kinetix 350 firmware v1.47 or earlier when using CompactLogix firmware v21 and a TL-Series servo. TL-Series servos will not work with Kinetix 350 unless the Kinetix 350 firmware is upgraded to v1.55 OR the CompactLogix firmware is downgraded to v20.