Read DataBlock from S7-1200 To kepsver!?

hassanayoub85

Dear,
I am trying from a long time to read the DB from S7-1200 To kepserver without any success.

Can you help me with a direct solution?

I use IX.Y, QX.Y, MX.Y to read input, output and memory tags.

But, I donno how to read DB.

Please help

6-23-2013 2-54-39 AM.jpg

It's only possible to read from DBs in abolute address mode, when the DB was initially created as S7-300/400 compatible.
This option cannot be changed on an existing DB, the dialog only appears when a new DB is created.

If you compile the S7-300/400 compatible DB, a column with the offset-address in the DB is shown. This is the address to access the variables in the DB.

The symbolic address mode of the 1200 is afaik only possible with the new TIA WinCC Basic panels.

my guess would be the he pointed to data block -> properties -> general -> attributes -> optimized block access (cleared checkbox)

in the picture should be the last checkbox

EDIT: a-ha! there lies the problem(s)

1. why is offset unselected
2. why is offset greyed out (disabled)

columns.jpg

Last edited: