Help RE: Profinet

DMMelicano

Hi everyone,

I am new to this site, but i know a lot of you can help me on my problem. I am using Siemens S7-300 PN/DP which has 2 profinet ports in it. 1 port is hooked up on a PC (where it is connected on a Wincc runtime system). Now, we have this customized data logger from an OEM which has an Ethernet port. my question is, is it possible to gather data from the data logger using the Profinet? and how?

thanks in advance

I doubt that it is as simple as you probably think, just because the device has an ethernt port.

If the customised data logger can be a Profinet IO Device, then all you have to do is to get the GSD file from the supplier of the datalogger and integrate it into the STEP7 project. You can then access the IO Device in the S7 Program as any other Profinet IO Device.

Another possibility is Modbus/TCP. For the S7 side you have to purchase a software license:
http://www.industry.siemens.com/ser...ons/s7_open_modbus_tcp/Pages/default_tab.aspx

Hello Jesper,

Thank you for your reply. I am sorry if i am not knowledgeable enough for this. I think the ethernet port of the data logger is a raw ethernet only. is it possible that modbus TCP can communicate with it?

regards,