Network Plc 5

Donnchadh

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi All

I ahve 5 PLC 5/46 processors that I have been asked to network together by a costumer of mine. They all have a DH + network port free so I am looking for the best way to network them just for going on line from a central pc. This is only to go oline with and not for netwroking between the plc as they are different machines.
The only idea I can come up with is a clx rack with a ethernet card and DH + and set this up as a gateway.

Any ideas if this will work or not work. Any other ideas would also be great.

Thanks again

Donnchadh

I think that is the best solution. The only other way is to procure a PKTX/D or PCMK for the PC, which depending on how new it is might present a problem (do new PCs even have PCI slots in them anymore?). You could then get a license for RSLinx Gateway and that will allow you to use other PCs on the Ethernet network access to DH+ through the gateway PC. But by the time you do all that, you're in at least as much as you would have been for a CLX rack, plus you'd be relying on the performance and uptime of a Windows PC as your only bridge between the two networks.

Hi lads

Thanks for the replies.
I have a rack and I think I have a dh+ card not sure, but i will go that road.

Thanks again

Donnchadh