Ultra3000 error 04

loundeb2

Hi,
I have an AB Ultra3000 servo drive, 2098-DSD-030 hooked to an AB F4075-R-H00AA motor. This has worked fine for two years. Today an error 04 kept constantly repeating after about every minute of running, which I know is a motor over-temperature error.
In Ultraware the motor temperature shows between 7-12% rating and current at 10.5amps average while running. The motor is physically cool to the touch and the drive temperature is 0%.
The wiring has been checked and is fine. Is this a drive problem or a motor problem?
Thank You,
Lou

Last edited:
Hi

I had a good few of the dsd-20-dn and -sn go down with this fault and it was always the drive. I would have sent the drive away and got them repaired up on till lately were the plant were I had the problems shut down.

Donnchadh