Connecting micrologix 1500 to computer with AIC

JosephL

Hello I am trying to connect my computer to my mocrologix 1500 plc. I have 3 plc's connected with an advanced interface controller(AIC). I have tried to connect to another micrologix 1500 the exact same just without the a AIC and it connects no problems. I have tried disconnecting the plc from the AIC and still can't connect. I am using rslinx to connect them and it keeps saying it can't find the baud or parity rate.

If you have 3 PLC's connected together they probably have there serial ports configured for DH485 protocol.
What driver in RSLinx are you using and how are you connecting to the AIC (hardware)?

If your PC/Laptop has a real serial port then with a null-modem cable you can use the 1747-PIC/AIC+ driver in RSLinx. If not then you will need a USB to DH485 converter
1747-UIC.

I am using a USB to dh485 cable and the driver I am using is a DF1-1 DH485
I am using a rs-485 Phoenix plug to connect the AIC units together

Last edited:
Tell us more about this USB to DH485 cable, model number , brand.

Tell us how you have RSLinx configured, screen shot if possible.

The most common problem with USB converters is using the correct com port that is assigned to the USB device and using the right device in RSLinx see pdf below for how to set up RsLinx when using a USB to DH485 converter.

Also depending on the version of RSLinx you have there is a DH485 UIC devices driver.

See link below for how to configure.

http://www.theautomationstore.com/how-to-configure-the-1747-uic/

Last edited:
I just don't understand why it will connect to the one plc that's not connected by the AIC but any that are connected will not connect I have tried to post the pics of the cords and driver details

image.jpg

Show us a screen shot of your RSLinx configuration.

When using your USB to DH485 converter connected to an AIC see picture below
note device type configuration. Circled in red. Is that what you have?

rslinxconfig.png

Do not use the Auto-Configure button with the 1747-UIC !

The installation instructions do not describe using that button, because it does not work. Just set the driver values to those listed in the instructions.