Wireless Solution

GregPLC

Hey everyone, Great site as always.....I need a wireless solution to transfer one bit. I have an application that has two stations, about 50 feet apart. There are no obstructions between them, but running wires is almost out of the question....(very difficult physically). I have a set of contacts that close at one station (dry contacts), when these contacts close, I want to notify the operator at the other station via a horn and siren that the alarm condition exists at the first station. Anyone know of a good solution for this? I really don't want to put a PLC at each end if at all possible....

Thanks in advance,

Greg.

Please dont laugh,

I did this recently with a garage door remote from Gene. Home Depot for 50 bucks. We took the remote apart and wired the button switch into the controller output. The transmitter uses a 12volt battery, so a reliable power supply wasnt a problem. The reciver box provided a dry contact SPST, momentary on. The unit uses a "rolling code" signal and seemed to be very reliable. The distance was about 60 ft.

This was a temp fix until we could run a wireway through a hazardous area.

Mike.