Asset Center and RS5000

ADoozer

Hi all.

One of our clients is having issues with asset center and rs5000.

All RS projects (PLC,SLC,CLX etc) are in asset center. When performing a get or check out on any RS5000 program we see the splash screen, which disappears after a minute. We can see in process explorer that RS5000.exe is running (without a window) then some 20+ minutes later we get prompted to enter logon details for asset center and the file opens. The symptoms are identical across 3 development machines.

Any ideas on where to start looking for solutions?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards Dave

Finally resolved the issue.

All the machines have dual network cards and were struggling to resolve the machine names (a problem that only occurred after installing V20 logix5000)

We have resolved the issue by editing the hosts file on all machines (1 server and 4 clients)

Fingers crossed.

Dave