factory talk view

RY_Guthrie

I found out the hard way that if you uninstall factory talk view it is almost impossible to reinstall it and get it to work again, I was informed its best to use a virtual machine, so I installed it on oracle's virtual box, but when I try to open one of the apps it comes with it I get an error and it just shuts down, also I think this might be the issue, it doesnt recognize my vm as an administrator in factory talk and i have not clue on how to change that, is it in sql? Or would it be better to buy vmware and run it in that vm machine? This has truly been a nightmare help!:mad:

I run FTView ME in VirtualBox without any problem.
My memory is I just installed it and away it went.

The only catch with it is the lack of USB 3 support with VirtualBox.

Another way is to make an image of system partition using Acronis True Image (my choice, please don't consider as advertisement) or Clonezilla (free, linux-based) or other cloning software. They can run from bootable CD or USB flash drive, so there is no need to install them and affect your OS.

Create an image of fresh installed windows with minimum of necessary stable software like archivators, notepads, and Office, and roll it back if your FT installation goes wrong. I've got extra two physical HDDs specially for experiments. Drive to boot from can be selected during reboot in BIOS or from boot menu (F8 on Asus motherboards).

This also can be implemented on laptops, but if you (or one of your friends) are experienced system administrator. You will lose guarantee if it haven't expired yet (you have to repartition the HDD into three partitions, two bootable and one for storing image files). In this case, both OSes will depend on each other, because they share the same boot loader.