Logix 5000 reference to an array element

eccan

Supporting Member
Hello All
Does anyone know a way to reference a specific tag in an array automatically when copying data? I have a DINT referencing a part ID number from 1 to 100, and need to put the last results string in the related string array. How can I assign the reference element (the [5] number in the array) in a copy command? Have tried moves, file fills, etc.
I could do it like the attached pdf, but there must be a better way.

Thanks

Hi

Second on bernies indirect addressing , just as I would also do it can't get shorter than 1 rung.

Donnchadh

Thanks guys.
I knew there was a simpler way. I tried everything but that!

You saved me enough time that now I can go and upgrade my membership
🍺

Last edited: