Compact Logix and Siemens TP170B Communication

vaghuan

Hi
Im using Compact Logix L32E PLC and Siemens TP170B
HMI using Win cc flexible.How to communicate between this two?
There is no Ethernet port in the panel as well as in Wincc the CPU name is not found.
I tried to communicate from CH0 using DF1 and DH485
that also not worked.But CH0 flashing green.
I want to know how to Tag the address in HMI corresponding PLc
For Eg In PLC --- Local 2:O Data 0 HMI:????
Please help

It should be possible to use the DF1 protocol in the TP170B project.
You need a null-modem cable between the TP170B and CH0 on the Compactlogix.
Be sure to have the same settings for the serial port on both sides, baudrate, stop bits, error check.
If you have a green flashing CH0 LED, then it indicates that at least the TP170B is attempting to communicate with the compactlogix PLC.

This is where it gets fishy. I think (not 100% sure though), that the tags in the compactlogix must be formatted in PLC5 style for the TP170B to be able to read and write tags. I dont have personal experience, but this is how I understood it.