Beckhoff TwinCAT visualization

Dear All,

Please guide me how to create nice graphics in Beckhoff HMI CP6607.
Is there any particular software available for creating graphics?? We are into Building management system and looking for on/off images of Switches, Lights, Temperature controls, Blind controls, AHU, FCU, motion detectors etc.

I have used the CP77xx series and the others that will run Windows XP or 7 along with AdvancedHMI. If you look at the screenshot on the AdvancedHMI web site, that is an application running on a CP77xx series panel with XP Embedded. It is connected to a CX1020 controller running the TwinCAT program.

there is a internal visualisation where you can use any jpg files as subvisu, this way you can make almost anything you want, you can load several jpg at same place, but you can also use bargraph and all kinds of figures depending running Version 2 or 3.

Hi Archie,

Thank you for your reply..
We are using CP66 series. its window ce embedded cpu. In this also we can import jPG files, but its does n't look good in Tocuhscree. I am looking for some software where we can create jpg files with low resolution.

Hi Deelen,

Thank you for your help.

I am using TwinCAT 2 PLC control for programming. Limited tools are available for creating graphics. Looking for some image files (jpg) with low resolution .

Jovial K Jayan
Doha, Qatar
+974 33793649

images can be found with google, and with any graphic program you can set resolution etc.
twincat is codesys, many factories have this.
you can use even a camera, but also a simple drawing program to make your pictures.
a valve open/close is two pictures on top of each other and then hide one of them.
(in the variables list use hide or NOT (hide)

bejosutejo85,

Selamat. Isteriku dari Indonesia. I was in Surabaya and Malang long ago.

Better to start a new thread, than add to a 3 yr old one. Programming is not specific to the CP66xx. It is simply a touch-screen PC. However, it runs Windows CE, which is old and apparently Beckhoff no longer sells the CP66xx. Microsoft renamed CE to "Windows Compact". I would only consider it for a high-volume application where the lower unit cost is critical. Otherwise, running Windows Embedded (WES) or full Windows is easier.

For WES, you can program in Microsoft Visual Studio (as for any PC). You just need to install the correct .net Framework and keep it simple for the CP's processor. Archie's AdvancedHMI is an easy way to start programming elegant graphics in Visual Basic.net. I have always used custom VB.net for HMI. Beckhoff's "Visualization" HMI has always been confusing, since ~3 different methods. Some run in Windows (like VB) and others within the PLC code. Their latest approach is HTML5 web design, which will run on any device - PC, tablet, smart phone. Read
http://download.beckhoff.com/download/press/2015/english/pcc_0415_cover_e.pdf
If you prefer developing within an application, look at Indusoft or WonderWare.

Last edited: