Strange behaviour - System Data compare S7

uptown47

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi all,

I need to change an IP address on a CPU and wanted to check the hardware config was correct. I compared the 'System Data' in the blocks folder but had an error regarding "the system parameter data of the module in rack 0 slot 5 do not match" (there's a CP341 card in slot 5).

So then I created a brand new project and did a full Upload PG to PC. Then a compare and it showed no differences but warned me that hardware config had not been compiled. I compiled the uploaded hardware config and did a System Data compare and still had errors?

I always thought a Upload PG to PC draws everything out of the CPU including the full h/ware config (obviously without network titles / symbols etc).

Is this not the case?

Or is the compare 'system data' a bit flakey?

Any ideas?

Many thanks ;-)