hmistu655 uploading procedure

brian2mhlanga

orning

i bought an hmi from schneider south Africa HMISTU655 ,And my problem is i want to upload a program from another HMISTU655 AND DOWN LOAD It into tthe new hmi,please can you send me a detailed uploading procedure and downloading procedure, i have vedio designer 6 and 6.1 version. i have tried to upload but keep on geting an error message fail to upload

thank you in advance
:mad:

Hi and welcome to the Forums!

orning

i bought an hmi from schneider south Africa HMISTU655 ,And my problem is i want to upload a program from another HMISTU655 AND DOWN LOAD It into tthe new hmi,please can you send me a detailed uploading procedure and downloading procedure, i have vedio designer 6 and 6.1 version. i have tried to upload but keep on geting an error message fail to upload

thank you in advance
:mad:

I'm afraid what you are attempting is not quite possible, unless specific steps had been taken when the HMI was setup. You cannot upload the runtime project itself from the HMI to your PC.

I'm assuming you are trying to use "Upload Editor Project..." in Vijeo Designer to try and retrieve the project from the HMI? This will not upload the runtime project from the HMI Main Drive.

When you create a project in Vijeo Designer, there is an option under Target Properties, Download property, to "Include Editor Project". This option creates a backup file (*.vdz) while downloading the project to the HMI and saves it to a USB drive that is attached to the HMI USB port. When you use "Upload Editor Project", Vijeo Designer uploads the *.vdz backup file from the USB drive attached to the HMI.

Alternatively, you can use "Data Manager" to upload backup files from a USB drive, or CF Card on models that have them.

I happen to use USB drives on all HMISTU655/855 to store and run my projects from and also to store a backup file. An 8GB USB drive can allow you to create a much larger size project than the Main Drive on the HMI.

I would doubt very much you are lucky enough that the original developer does as I do, so all the above may be academic?

There is also a "Backup Manager" in Vijeo Designer that can create a backup file (*.bkm) of your project, that is open in Vijeo Designer, to your PC, or a USB drive attached to the PC.

The only other way to download the same project to the new HMI is to have a copy of the original project file, or a backup *.bkm file, and download via either Ethernet or USB cable (XBTZG935) to the HMI.

G.