GE 90-30 Loosing Program

Nevy

Lifetime Supporting Member
I've got a GE Fanuc Series 90-30 CPU Model 374, I went up to site because the CPU cleared it's program. The LED indicators on the power supply were PWR - solid green, OK - solid green, RUN - off, BATT - off. I went online and only noticed it was giving a fault saying no program present on power up. So re-downloaded the program and also stored it in the Flash hoping that it wouldn't loose it's program again. We did a few power cycles, shut it down for half hour and it would power up fine in run mode. The BATT indicator light was off (meaning battery is okay), RUN indicator solid green, OK was solid green and PWR was solid green. It was running fine and I left site as everything seemed okay.

About 4 hours later, once I had left the PLC cleared it's program again, I am told the PLC panel was very hot inside, close to 50 Deg C when they noticed it go down.

Does anyone have any insight as to what could be happening, why the PLC keeps clearing it's program?

We are considering just replacing the CPU and power supply as nothing is really adding up here.

Any help would be appreciated.

We have several 364's. And while that's warm, it's not too warm. I would replace the CPU.

Just burning the program and configuration to Flash will not help unless you also set the CPU Parameter to Load Logic and Config from Flash on power-up.
If there is a bad component causing this I would bet on it being the power supply.

But my betting leaves much to be desired. YMMV

I've got a GE Fanuc Series 90-30 CPU Model 374, I went up to site because the CPU cleared it's program. The LED indicators on the power supply were PWR - solid green, OK - solid green, RUN - off, BATT - off. I went online and only noticed it was giving a fault saying no program present on power up. So re-downloaded the program and also stored it in the Flash hoping that it wouldn't loose it's program again. We did a few power cycles, shut it down for half hour and it would power up fine in run mode. The BATT indicator light was off (meaning battery is okay), RUN indicator solid green, OK was solid green and PWR was solid green. It was running fine and I left site as everything seemed okay.

About 4 hours later, once I had left the PLC cleared it's program again, I am told the PLC panel was very hot inside, close to 50 Deg C when they noticed it go down.

Does anyone have any insight as to what could be happening, why the PLC keeps clearing it's program?

We are considering just replacing the CPU and power supply as nothing is really adding up here.

it seems like power supply problem.. Have you got it solved? Just take it to some expert as it may cause some serious damage to CPU

May I suggest that you throw the power supply away and send the CPU to GEIP to checked and/or repaired. It will com back with a full warranty and will make a good spare part for your system.

I've got a GE Fanuc Series 90-30 CPU Model 374, I went up to site because the CPU cleared it's program. The LED indicators on the power supply were PWR - solid green, OK - solid green, RUN - off, BATT - off. I went online and only noticed it was giving a fault saying no program present on power up. So re-downloaded the program and also stored it in the Flash hoping that it wouldn't loose it's program again. We did a few power cycles, shut it down for half hour and it would power up fine in run mode. The BATT indicator led lights was off (meaning battery is okay), RUN indicator solid green, OK was solid green and PWR was solid green. It was running fine and I left site as everything seemed okay.

it seems like power supply problem.. Have you got it solved? Just take it to some expert as it may cause some serious damage to CPU
Ok i will get them replaced soon