Temperature Display on Weintek 8070

CalG

I've received some great assistance but I'm at my end with what should be a simple HMI data display.

How is a METER object created that displays temperature in the range from -30 to 100C as the plc count ranges from 0 to 32767?

The Omega Engineering TD-25 outputs 0-20 mA. over the sensor range -30 to 100C
The Analog cards are set to input 0-20 mA

The %AI address displays meaningful counts
The raw data is read by the HMI (and moved into an internal address used by other display types)

But I'm stumped as to how to configure the METER OBJECT in Easy Builder 8000. V4.65.07

Should I be using EBPro?

TIA

Cal

I think I have it! (Palm of hand smaking forehead ;-)

Calculate 16bit unsigned counts per degree
raw input /span = cts/degree
in this case with temps between -30 and 100 the range is 130 degrees
32676/130=251.354 cts/degree

Multiply this scaling value by the negative off set
in this example -30 X 251.354 = 7540.6

Use the plc logical math function to subtract this value from the analog input register. As this case is using an analog current card, the raw input could not go negative.

%AI0012 Constant 7541 -> with result to some open memory location
I use %T0012

This creates a Value compatible with a 16bit signed type that can be used by the HMI to create a meter object with display values less than zero.

Create the meter Object reading from any reference in to 16 bit signed type.
Zero =-30, span = 100 (span is a poor choice of terms by the mfg)

Show the scale label

Add text objects to superimpose the same scaling numerals on the meter face. The "automagic" scale labels will not be used, as they can not be scaled correctly. (at least that has been a problem for me)
They were displayed as an aid to positioning the replacement text objects. When complete, save the meter and new scale labels as an object group

Return to the METER objects properties
set to read from %T0012 (negative offset Raw input)
keeping data type 16 bit signed
set zero to -7541
set span to 25226
uncheck display scale lable.

I'll see, Working with it later today.. ;-)

cheers

Yep! Works fine NT

There may be other ways, Wonder what they are, I will not enjoy having to rebuild such meters (groups) when a resizing or new range of values is required.

Extrapolation,

Create a Range appropriate "Dummy" meter object with a scaling format that pleases, minimize any pointer...it's the dial face and numerals that are wanted.

Then create another Meter Object that is only the pointer, with the RAW DATA range.
Show only the pointer.

Superimpose the two, aligning Horiz, and vert.

Viola!

At this moment, I have a meter face showing data from two channels at once, Concentric dials with contrasting colored pointers on the same scale.

'twerks a trick!

I'm sure this is old stuff to many, but.. I asked ;-)