same program with different variables

Mad_Scientist

so im not really looking to get someone to write a program for me, just a quick question. Is it possible to have a program call up variables from a list, or table of some sort. on the controller the user would select what product they are testing. the variables for this product (speed, travel, start/end points, force) would all be figured before hand. Instead of writing 2 dozen seperate programs.

still newb to ladder logic and still learning all this. right now im trying to write a flow chart for my program, what menus should be availible and a general idea of how it should work. ill incorporate the logic as I learn it.

Such an application feature is called a 'recipe'. Since you didn't specify a PLC this is very general. An operator will input a number of a given recipe. The program will use whatever table data movement commands it has with appropriate indexing (if available) to retrieve previously saved data and move it into common locations for use by the operating section of the program.

I see now that you specified a Unitronics in your previous thread. I haven't used that so I can't give anything more specific.

Last edited:
thats fine thanks. I was just trying to grab that little nugget you provided. make sure im kinda going in the right direction. thanks!