Making spare part of a B&R CP474?

azmedien

Hi there,
I am trying to make a running spare part of a B&R CP474.I am using PVI,and need some help.First,I explain my steps,that I have done.
1.Upload all **.br-files from original CPU,as the modulelist
show me
2.Upload the variablelist of the original CPU
3.Download with bootstrap the same OS as at original CPU is
installed.
4.Compare the modulelists of the original and the new CPU.There
are 7 files more in SYSROM stored of the original CPU.
5.Download these seven files to SYSROM of the new CPU
6.Download all other **.br-files to USERROM of the new CPU
7.Download the variablelist to the new CPU.That takes several
minutes.There are many variables that can not be downloaded.
The error number 4187 appears.(in german: dyn.PV ist nicht
belegt)(Null-Ptr.)(_writeVar)
The log-file writes,after coldstart:
warning CAN format error
TC#1 cycletime exceeded
I don't know,what mistakes I made,I have no expiriences.
Somebody can help me?

Last edited:
Hello,

There are many variables that can not be downloaded.
The error number 4187 appears.(in german: dyn.PV ist nicht
belegt)(Null-Ptr.)(_writeVar)

These are variables that are 'pointers' to the variables. As the System was not running, this pointers are not initialized and thus PVI cant write to them.

'Normally' the program should initialize all variables and this step maybe is not necessary at all. But depends on the programmer :)

did you also up/download the $$sysconf (I dont remember the exact Name) ? - in this module it is stored among other data the tolerance of the Task classes.

the can - error I would ignore if you are not using CAN communication.

upload the error-log book and check if there are additional entries and Information....

br
bb

$$config

Hello,
thanks for your answer.No,the $$sysconf-module,I did not up-and download.I will try it,as soon as possible.I'am always glad,to get a new suggestion or idea to have succes with that job.

Hello,
You were just right.The $$sysconf-module was the solution!First I have uploaded the $$sysconf-module from the original CPU,and then I have downloaded it to the new CPU.The new CPU,I've had to restart two times.After,the new CPU was running and booting correctly.