AB SLC-5/05 & Wonderware

Lenick

I'm having trouble establishing comms between Wonderware 8.0 & AB SLC-5/05.

Tyring to use AB Ethernet 5/05 processor thru crossover type cable to Desktop's standard ethernet port to Wonderware's ABTCP I/O server to Wonderware without the use of RSLinx.

My guess is that without RSLinx, I need to add some messaging logic to the SLC ladder logic.

Is my guess correct? If so, can anyone give me a quick example of MSG block & Control Block setup. If MSG isn't necessary, can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

You do not require rs linx, but you will have to edit the PCs host file and tell it the IP address of the PLC you are trying to connect to.
I am assuming your crossover cable is correct, try using a small hub if unsuccessful with crossover.

Jules

A good way to isolate the problem is to try and ping the plc from your pc with the dos ping command [ping xxx.xxx.xxx (plc ip address)].

If you don't get a succesful reply then it doesn't matter which software you use, you won't communicate.