FTView ME Question

Bullzi

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi everyone,

I am working with Factory Talk View ME 7.0. The customer has given me some .mer files from other projects to help me develop the HMI. Is there any way to "import" Screens or other graphics from one project to another? There are some Screens in the examples I like and it would save some time if I can cut and past or import them.

Thanks for the help!!

Hi everyone,

I am working with Factory Talk View ME 7.0. The customer has given me some .mer files from other projects to help me develop the HMI. Is there any way to "import" Screens or other graphics from one project to another? There are some Screens in the examples I like and it would save some time if I can cut and past or import them.

Thanks for the help!!

Absolutely.
For objects (or groups of objects) copy/paste works fine. For an entire display, you will need to import the desired display into the target project.
The easiest way to do this is:
1. Restore the mer that has the screen(s) you want.
2. Open/Create your new development project file in Studio.
3. Right click on "Displays" in the Project Explorer and select "Import Component Into Application".
4. This will open a browse dialog. Browse to the development folder of the mer you restored in step 1. (usually located in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Shared Documents\RSView Enterprise\HMI Projects)
5. From within the development folder open the "Gfx" folder and select the name of the display you want to import.
6. Rinse & Repeat for all other displays you want to "borrow" ;)