micrologix 1500 LRP read/write communication

suboliu

Hello everybody
I am new. hope get some help on here.
I have a micrologix 1500 Lrp and a marking device. I would like to use Ethernet to communication. I use 1761-net-eni interface to connect 1500 and marking device. I want to send string to marking device to print letters through Ethernet. and get string from marking device by Ethernet.
my question is:
1. how to configure plc IP address? in Rslogix500 its channel 0 and 1 hasn't Ethernet.
2. what kind instruction can write and read from/to marking device?
if I use MSG to read string from marking device, it said ERROR:local address may only be a ST file type 485CIF write command. which instruction can I use to read string? and why I can't use ST file as target address? if I want to read string from marking device, what file should I use?
see my screenshot.
3. what is difference AWT and MSG instruction?
any suggestion welcome.