ASCii Bad string flush

Tlogix

Im wondering if any one has had the privilege of getting in a Ascii string thats to long or corrupted and how to get rid of it or flush it out?

ML 1400
This is what the string looks like I get it in and some times the controller will give me a error some times my ladder will stop executing without a error .

,318.5,\CDN\A9\8A^Y1\E9\82j^J$GPGGA,001650,4810.9808,N,09742.1038,W,2,07,1.4,323.2, ,-24.8,M, ,

The $GGA sentence normally finishes with a check sum. From what I remember you have to XOR each character in the sentence, then if your calculated checksum doesn't equal the $GGA check sum you can throw away the data. I have done this in C on an embedded Linux computer but not in a PLC. Before that I also checked that the characters received were alphanumeric characters, spaces or punctuation.

Groan. Parsing in ladder. I feel sorry for you.

Can you set your termination character to ","
Then try to sort out what's going on with the individual strings.

Good Luck,

(8{)} :) .)
(Yosi)

Based on PLC-5 operations I can think of two ways.

• Create and maintain another string with a value of 82 spaces, or your character of choice. Copy this blank string into the bad one.
  • Set the length parameter of the bad string to zero (CLR ST9:X.LEN). The data still resides in the string but any instructions which reference the string will assume it has no data because of the length parameter.
YMMV