WinCC upgrade from version 4.02

haganwalker

Hey guys,

I need some help finding a version of WinCC. A computer we use is running WindowsNT SP5 with WinCC 4.02 on it (I know, terrible). The idea is to migrate that at least to version WinCC v6.0 so that we can upgrade to a Windows XP machine. The reason we cant virtualize is because the communication to the PLCs happen through an MPI card in the computer.

Basically, I need to know if anyone knows where I can find downloads for the latest version of WinCC 4.02, WinCC 5.0, and WinCC 6.0. Obviously we're a legitimate business, so if we need to contact Siemens and pay, that's fine...but I figured if someone has these versions on an old CD somewhere, I could use the trial to make the upgrade to the version of WinCC that we have licenses for.

Also, if anyone has ideas (or a similar experience) about how to upgrade an NT system to at least Windows XP, if it will or won't work, or how to visualize with an MPI card, please let me know. Otherwise, the alternative is paying $40,000 for a Siemens Solution Partner to come in and re-engineer the whole system that was originally designed by Lingl in the late 1990's.

Thanks,

Hagan