OPC Cognex triggering

rosty31

Hello,

I have problem to trigger Cognex InSight 7010. Im running OPC server on laptop and cameras are connected to Ethernet. All is working fine. I can read/write values from/to cameras, but most important thing for me is triggering which is doesnt work. I tried put camera to offline, online, changing Aquision.Trigger but TriggerEvent is still 0 and cameras doesnt triggering.
Last time I had one another (same type) InSight 7010 camera and it was running.

Can you help.

Same issue!

Hi, i also have the same issue ,but in a different way.
I am using "Tia portal" connecting my camera Via Ethernet and i also can read the camera values using the map memory the program show me(attached photo) my problem is that i have no idea which "register" o memory is use to trigger the camera , I tried to change the control acquisition values but nothing happens.

The photo is in spanish so i will translate the sentence for you:
Control de adquisicion = acquisition control
Estado de adquisicion = acquisition state
Control de inspeccion = inspection control
Estado de inspeccion = inspection state
control de tareas = Task control
informacion de usuario = User information
Resultado = results (in this registers i read camera outputs and works fine)

I need help because i have to finish my final project desing and become a electronic engineering.
Thanks!

2015-03-03 17.43.13.jpg

I don't use the 7000 series but I do use the 5000 series and in that one you must have the enable bit true before trigger bit will activate camera trigger. Also in the job file you must set the image trigger property to network. But again this is for 5000 series camera.

Hello

Hello, last days I install camera on Profinet. But I have another problem also.
I thing somewhere in the documents fot implementing Profinet with Siemens from Cognex side there is writen what bits are. I think Control de Aquistion is out and there is trigger somewhere (im not sure). There is document about implementing

https://www.cognex.com/support/downloads/File.aspx?d=2381

Have a good luck