Need help laying out a terms on a quote

JeffKiper

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Rates for Time and Material
$100.00/ hour (8 am ~5 pm, Monday~Friday)
$150.00/ hour (5 pm~8 am, Monday~Friday, Saturday, anytime in excess of 8 hours per day.)
$200.00/ hour (Sunday, and US recognized holidays, anytime in excess of 12 hours per day.)

How do I make these sound correct on a quote? I am quoting a few systems that I will have to travel and just want to cover myself.

What do you guys charge when you are traveling? Standard rates or flat rate per day of travel?

I don't usually do a lot of travel far travel for work.

I usually charge half rate for travel time, charges not to exceed 8 hours per day, plus travel and living expenses at cost. When flying I usually charge for time from arrival at the departing airport to arrival at the destination hotel or job site.

I generally charge expenses (travel costs, hotel etc) separate from hours. Expenses are what they actually cost me. Travel hours are half the day I am traveling hourly rate ( yes you pay more for me to travel on the weekends). I put travel time as door to door. If a flight is involved then travel times is from the time I leave my place until I arrive at the hotel or job site.

I quote expenses as an Estimate never a fixed price. You can never tell when your going to get delayed getting there, how much a dinner is going to cost or how much fuel is going to cost.

What about flying? Half the rate for airport time?
Yes, like the others I charge portal to portal for travel time. While I may or may not be actually working on the client's project while driving or in the airport or on the airplane, I'm equally unable to do any work for some other client. Client X to whom I'm traveling is the reason I'm not able do any work on Client Y's project, so Client X needs to compensate me for that.

Exactly Steve B.
Occasionally I have been asked why I am charging full rate while travelling and explain it the same.

I would be earning that rate for another customer.