RS Emulate 5 driver

Cup O Noodles

I just stumbled upon this post explaining how to get the emulate 500 driver to show up on RSLinx:

I received the following from RA support. It has allowed me to get the emulator to show up in RSLinx 2.59 running Win 7 x64 Pro. Essentially a manual patch to create the needed registry key (the driver DLL turns out to be installed already).

Open the Registry Editor (Start-->Enter regedit in the open field).
Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-->SOFTWARE-->Wow6432Node-->Rockwell Software-->RSLinx-->Loadable Drivers.
Right Click on Loadable Drivers and select New-->Key and name the key EMU500
Right click on EMU500 and select New-->DWORD (32-bit) Value. The name of the key should be AutoLoad. Double click on the AutoLoad to open the Edit DWORD (32-bit) Value dialog. Enter 0 under Value Data and select Hexadecimal under Base. Click OK button when finished.
Right click on EMU500 again from the left-hand side and select New-->DWORD (32-bit) Value. The name of the key should be DriverID. Double click on the DriverID to open the Edit DWORD (32-bit) Value dialog. Enter 13 under Value Data and select Hexadecimal under Base. Click OK button when finished.
Right click on EMU500 and select New-->DWORD (32-bit) Value. The name of the key should be Flags. Double click on the Flags to open the Edit DWORD (32-bit) Value dialog. Enter 2 under Value Data and select Hexadecimal under Base. Click OK button when finished.
Right click on EMU500 and select New-->String Value. The name of the key should be Description. Double click on the Description to open the Edit String dialog. Enter SLC 500 (DH485) Emulator driver under Value Data. Click OK button when finished.
Right click on EMU500 and select New-->String Value. The name of the key should be DLL. Double click on the DLL to open the Edit String dialog. Enter ABEMU5.DRV under Value Data. Click OK button when finished.
The SLC (DH485) Emulator Driver should now appear available in RSLinx to configure.

I was wondering if something similar can be done to make the Emulate 5 driver show up as well.

Thanks in advance.

I do have the software and currently need to use it. That is why I wanted to know if there is a simpler solution to getting the driver to show up in linx instead of reinstalling linx (which takes forever).

RS Emulate 5 Driver Install to RSLinx version 2.59

Yes, doing a Windows Registry Install of the RSEmulate 5 driver to RSLinx would look like this:

RS Emulate 5 Driver Install to RSLinx version 2.59

Open the Registry Editor (Start-->Enter “regedit” in the open field).
Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE-->SOFTWARE-->Rockwell Software-->RSLinx-->Loadable Drivers. (The above registry path is for my Windows XP machine. I assume that the "Wow6432Node" registry file appears after SOFTWARE, for the Win 7 x64 machines.)

If EMU5 is not already in the registry, then Right-Click on Loadable Drivers and select New-->Key and name the key EMU5. Right click on EMU5 and select New-->DWORD (32-bit) Value. The name of the key should be AutoLoad. Double click on the AutoLoad to open the Edit DWORD (32-bit) Value dialog. Enter 0 under Value Data and select Hexadecimal under Base. Click OK button when finished.

Right click on EMU5 again from the left-hand side and select New-->DWORD (32-bit) Value. The name of the key should be DriverID. Double click on the DriverID to open the Edit DWORD (32-bit) Value dialog. Enter f under Value Data and select Hexadecimal under Base. Click OK button when finished.

Right click on EMU5 and select New-->DWORD (32-bit) Value. The name of the key should be Flags. Double click on the Flags to open the Edit DWORD (32-bit) Value dialog. Enter 2 under Value Data and select Hexadecimal under Base. Click OK button when finished.

Right-click on EMU5 and select New-->String Value. The name of the key should be Description. Double-click on the Description to open the Edit String dialog. Enter PLC-5 (DH+) Emulator driver under Value Data. Click OK button when finished.

Right click on EMU5 and select New-->String Value. The name of the key should be DLL. Double click on the DLL to open the Edit String dialog. Enter ABEMU5.DRV under Value Data. Click OK button when finished.

The PLC-5 (DH+) Emulator Driver should now appear available in RSLinx to configure.

Last edited: