I/O Fault L32E

dhuggins88

Hello all, I have a Compactlogix L32E paired with a PV+ 1000. All my code is good and both the screen and cpu are taking the program fine. However, I keep getting the red light of death on my I/O light(on the L32E). My application goes through and loads fine but the program will not execute properly. My keyswitch on the processor is in the run mode. My question: Is there a way to get around not having all the I/O modules connected to the cpu so that I can bench test basic functionality?

One way to do it is right click on the I/O bus in the I/O tree and inhibit the bus. Or you can inhibit any missing modules individually.

We use that quite a bit for testing customers programs in our test PLC. Just gotta make sure you un-inhibit a program before sending it out to someone otherwise they scratch their head for a bit when they load it in!

dhuggins, you in Russellville AR? I spent some time there at a Tyson plant.