Red Lion Crimson3 and Excel

cook365

Does anyone know how to create a link to excel using Crimson3 software? I have done this with RSLinx before and would like to monitor data from a spreadsheet on a Red Lion G3 HMI.

Hello,

The only method I have seen of doing this is by using OPC. This would require both our OPCWorx software and an OPC Client plug in for excel.

Thanks
Jeremy

I have setup an FTP server using windows IIS, where I hope to store a csv or text file that I can download to several G3(G308) I am currently having an issue setting this up. I have installed a compactFlash in the G3 and I have the FTP connection under C:\inetpub\ftproot. In the File Viewer Properties under Display Pages where does the root directory need to point? The FTP server file or the compactFlash?

Are you having a problem with the FTP connection or the File Viewer? They aren't related so I am confused by your post.

Thanks
Jeremy

I was hoping to create a csv file on the FTP server and view this file through a file viewer primitive, and to answer your question. I can get the File Viewer to read data from the Flash and I can access the FTP server from a web browser. I am a little green to HMI developement. I have downloaded Crimson 2 & 3 user manuals and have much to read. So is it possible to use an FTP Server running on a PC and have the G3 HMI running as a client? Thanks

I was hoping to create a csv file on the FTP server and view this file through a file viewer primitive, and to answer your question. I can get the File Viewer to read data from the Flash and I can access the FTP server from a web browser. I am a little green to HMI developement. I have downloaded Crimson 2 & 3 user manuals and have much to read. So is it possible to use an FTP Server running on a PC and have the G3 HMI running as a client? Thanks

Sorry but your exact setup isn't possible. The fileviewer will only look at the CF card. Our only function as an FTP Client is to push log files to an FTP server. If you want to be able to send us files we need to be the FTP server.

Thanks
Jeremy

Let me clarify my previous message

You would enable our unit as an FTP server in the services section under FTP Server. This allows our CF card to act as an FTP server drive. You would then use an FTP client to send a file to the drive. The file viewer could then read the file from the CF card.

Thanks
Jeremy