Hello, please help.

stonez

I recently got a small homework assignment to make a program under step7 so my first 8 outputs on 313c would blink consecutively.

ex: q0.0 for blink once, then stop, afterwards q0.1 blink once then stop, then q0.2 and so on until q0.7, and start from the beginning.

I have managed with Pulse timers to blink them from q0.0 until q0.7 (used 7 timers, and is working great), but I dont know how to do it in a loop.

Please help thank you.

Here is the program. I tried two methods. They both do the same, and for both I have the same problem. I don't know how to do the loop.

PS: I have spitted the 1,084 mb zip file in 4 pieces because of forum rules, and renamed (though correct filename, needed to be renamed like this) the led.z01, led.z02, led.z03 files to led_z01.zip .. led_z03.zip etc., so i could upload them.

Best regards,
Attila

Could you "print" your S7 program to a PDF file (file-print), so that those of us without the software could maybe help you with this program?

Another way is to make a snapshot or screen print of parts of the program, and post as JPG picture files.

Last edited:
momentarily I can't do this because I don't have the software installed here at home. I will do this in 10 hours when I get to work.

To make the project suitable for posting, create a library, insert an S7 program into the library and then copy your blocks to the library. Archive the library and then post as an attachment.

To make the project suitable for posting, create a library, insert an S7 program into the library and then copy your blocks to the library. Archive the library and then post as an attachment.

I don't know what you mean. I have zipped the whole program there. It is possible to unzip it after you change the underscore "_" to a dot on the three respective files, so the extension of the files get back to z03. (ex: led.z03)

Ps: I have done this on request by James. (I will also make printscreens, tomorrow morning)

Thank you in advance.

Stonez,
Here is an example using a shift register. You probably need to add an additional network to reset the shift register to the starting position (to make it recycle).

Stonez's Siemens 313c Blinking Outputs.JPG

Last edited:
It is possible to write a value (i.e a number) to QB0 (Output Byte 0).

The binary values for each bit are:
0000 0001 = 1
0000 0010 = 2
0000 0100 = 4
0000 1000 = 8
0001 0000 = 16
0010 0000 = 32
0100 0000 = 64
1000 0000 = 128

If I was to use a Move command and 'move' 64 into QB0 then this would bring on Q0.6.

If I 'moved' a 2 into QB0 this would bring on Q0.1

etc etc ...

Just another way to do the same thing without having to have a lot of 'normally closed' in your rungs.

The ideal way would be a shift register but I think this may be a bit of a steep learning curve at this juncture.

Experiment with the suggestions in this thread though and I think you'll learn a lot. ;-)

For a 1 sec pulse, do not use timers.
The S7 PLC has a Clock memory. Use F1 to see what it is, use it accordingly.

Or you could use the System 1 sec pulse (as Jeebs said) to increment a counter and then use comparators to check the value of the count and bring on the appropriate output (and then a further comparator to reset the counter when it reaches the last output value).

;-)

The S7 PLC has a Clock memory.
All PLCs have a microprocessor. All microprocessors have an internal clock that times the execution of the machine language. Some CPU clocks are more user-accessible than others. Timers are always accessible.