Logix 5k Ethernet Coms Loss

xetrov123

Hi,

I am working with a L35E and a Yaskawa VFD using Ethernet coms. I use AB's Generic Ethernet Module to communicate. Is there a Tag that I can use to monitor if communication has failed to this module? When you look at the properties, you can see if coms have failed...

I tired Google and got a lot of information that didn't seem to point to a tag, only a major or minor fault.

The conventional method is to use a Get System Variable (GSV) instruction to monitor the EntryStatus attribute. That's what RSLogix 5000 is displaying when it shows 'faulted... connecting... Running' for the connection.

There are dozens of threads on this topic, with varying degrees of completeness.

The best reference manual for this sort of thing is the Logix 5000 Controller Information and Status Programming Manual

http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/pm/1756-pm015_-en-p.pdf

Hi

I have used a good few Yaskawa drives lately with clx over Ethernet and Yaskawa have some very good aoi on there web site. Did you look at these and if you can not find them drop me a pm and I will send u the aoi

Donnchadh

This appears to work.

GSV Module PUMP4_VFD EntryStatus VFD4_STATUS

Information on how to interpret the message code can be found in the linked document above on page 199. Also, follow the manual for the data type used when making the destination tag. In this case its an INT.

Thanks to Ken Roach for pointing me in the right direction

:site: