RSLogix 500 hangs when going on-line

rguimond

Lifetime Supporting Member
Recently, our copy of RSLogix 500 began acting strangely. It opens fine, but when a processor is selected to go on-line, we get an error message that says |RSLogix has encountered and error...". What's really strange is that it occassionally doesnt happen. BTW, we're using RSLinx Gateway on another PC and have TCP driver set up on the PC with the proble. Worked fine until last week?. Any suggestions?

We have a problem like this occassionally. I don't know what the cause is, but if you open RSLinx and delete all your drivers, it will start working in RSLogix. You then have to add all your drivers back.

may i suggest the following:

use the rslinx backup utility to backup your settings while the pc is working fine.

when rslinx crashes, delete your drivers and restart rslinx.
then restore your drivers using the restore utility.

if it works, great, if it doesn't then rebuild your rslinx config file.

regards,
james