PG to S7 300 via MPI port

omarrosa

I have siemens program s7v5.0 and PG720 laptop with MPI port,could any one inform me about the pin connection between the PG (MPI) and the PLC S7 300? I need to make the connection cable manualy by my self

There is a cable for MPI that would allow you to connect at 187.5kb from Siemens. A 9 pin straight through cable will work.

Thank you for your help. but all what I want is the configuration of this cable it self because I want to make it by my hand

RRobbins said:
A 9 pin straight through cable will work.

omarrosa

I believe RRobins gave you the configuration of this cable. A 9 pin straight connected cable.

pin 1 connects to pin 1
pin 2 connects to pin 2
pin 3....
pin 9 connects to pin 9

Paul

If you're connecting to the integrated MPI port you only need the straight cable. If you want to connect with the RS232 port, you need the PC adapter cable, which has the integrated converter.

Omarrosa,
with the PG720 came a standard package with the bag, manuals, power supply, and an MPI-cable . If you havent mislaid it, then you have it allready. If you cannot find it, then get a straight cable like the one PLucas described.
The cable plugs into the MPI ports on the PG720 and the S7 CPU without any further devices in between.

edit: and its a common misunderstanding that MPI is limited to 187.5 kbaud on the MPI side. MPI works up to 12 Mbaud. some older devices are limited to 187.5 kbaud or 1.5 Mbaud.

Last edited:
Dear All
I have checked the MPI cable which manufactured by SIEMENS I fond the connection
1 to 1
2 to 2
3 to...
9 to 9
but between every connection is 5.6 Ohm resistor
please could any one inform me about this resistant
thanks in advance

Sounds as if you forgot to nullify your meter (or don't have that possibility). Put the two testleads together and regulate the meter till it shows 0 ohm. If there's no regulator available, read out with only the two test leads connected and subtract that value from every measured value. I wouldn't bother because the value is nearly zero.

Regards,

Hi All
the cable is only 5 meter length and I have adigital tester with 0.2 Ohm when the leads closed together. I have checked the cable but the resistant is same

Hi All
the cable is only 5 meter length and I have adigital tester with 0.2 Ohm when the leads closed together. I have checked the cable but the resistant is same could any one inform me where did the resistant com from?