Direct Logic DL-240

jeb72

Hi, I need to copy the program from one Direct Logic DL-240 and upload it to another Direct Logic DL-240. I have the Direct Soft 5 software and I am wondering if this is a pretty straight forward process and are there, as with anything, those "don't forget to do this" things to watch out for? Any help is greatly appreciated.

It should be pretty straightforward, but I'll mention one thing. There are 2 types of uploads/downloads in DirectSOFT. One transfers JUST the program logic, while the other transfer the program logic AND all of the variable values (what DirectSOFT calls a 'project'). If you want to basically 'clone' the PLC, then you want to do the latter.

Also, you said "upload it to another Direct Logic DL-240". Uploading means FROM the PLC TO your computer, and downloading means FROM your computer TO the PLC. Make sure you know which way your going. Downloading a blank program to your 'already programmed' PLC will ruin your day quickly!

Uploading FROM the PLC TO your computer:

To upload ONLY the logic, select 'File--> Read Program--> from PLC

To upload the logic AND variables, select 'File--> Save Project--> to Disk

Downloading FROM your computer TO the PLC:

To download ONLY the logic, select 'File--> Write Program--> to PLC

To upload the logic AND variables, select 'File--> Save Project--> to PLC

Oh, and welcome to the forum!... :site:

🍻

-Eric

Thanks

Thank you Eric, that was a huge help...I got the project from a good plc and was able to correct a big cooling issue on another piece of equipment.

Downloading FROM your computer TO the PLC:

To download ONLY the logic, select 'File--> Write Program--> to PLC

To upload the logic AND variables, select 'File--> Save Project--> to PLC
In case anyone stumbles across this in the future, the 'upload' I highlighted in yellow is a typo. It should be 'download'.

🍻

-Eric