Additional Siemens MP 277 communication to Existing MP 277 with WIN AC MP Problem

allistondc

Good day!

I am currently working for a small project wherein a Siemens MP277 will be connected to another MP277 with WinAC via profibus.

I've been on and off the plant for about three times already and still no luck. Using NetPro, download was unsuccessful because of a pop-up saying something about s7rtm. Using hardware Config only, "Module configured but not available."
I already did other combination but still unsuccessful.

Am I missing something in my configuration? Any suggestion is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

HWconfig.jpg

Why Profibus when both MP277 have ethernet ?

Not sure what goes wrong for you. You should be able to see both MP277 in NetPro.
Post screenshots from NetPro, and from the connection setup in WinCC Flexible.

The screenshots looks OK.
Is it correct that the problem is that you cannot download the HW config from STEP7 to the MP277 panel ?
If that is the problem, then just do not do that (!). It is not required.
Set the Profibus parameters in the Windows Control Panel on the MP277.

I still STRONGLY advice you to connect via ethernet rather than Profibus.

From my experience with S7 V5.5, the Profibus online (S7Online) Ethernet to Profibus Bridge is no longer available.

If your Mobile Panels are ethernet, you'll need to connect via Ethernet to download/configure them.

If your Mobile Panels are Profibus, you'll need to connect via Profibus to download/configure them.