Allen Bradley TCP/IP to MelsecNet/B

ry_fern

Hi guys,

Good day!

I just visited a plant wherein a Ship Unloader control is required to be rehabilitated. Existing PLC is Mitsubishi A Series, nothing special with the IOs except its data link module, Melsecnet/B AJ71AT21B.

I understand that the said module is used for datalink communication between 2 Mitsubishi PLCs. However, we cannot find the partner station of the Mitsubishi PLC. Physical wire tracing is impossible due to untagged and bundle of wires. No drawings and architecture at all. Maintenance personnel has no idea of such connection.

What we want to do is to upgrade the System to another PLC brand with ethernet. However, I don't know how to make the proposed new PLC able and ready to communicate with the unkown PLC configuration via MelsecNet/B. Does anyone know how to achieve this?

AB PLC >>> EtherNet/IP (convert data to) MelsecNet/B? >>> Mitcubishi PLC

Thank you very much.