Writing values form a ML to a CL

Good evening sirs,

I am using a ML 1400 to program a little filling system, and have two floats that I have to send to the main PLC of the customer, a Controllogix L72, if I can remember.

I searched a little but didn't find the exactly way to configure the MSG setup screen to send these information via ethernet and how to configure the MG file.
Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

I am going by memory but i believe you must use a RI file and use multihop in the set up, the RI file will be the IP address of the processor your getting/transfering information to. I believe it is still a plc5 read and write msg. for the controllogix. I said this is just off my memory hope it helps.
I forgot to add i think you must select channel 1 in the setup for the ml1400.

I thought about this lostcontrol, but the customer want me to write to controllogix `cause that equipment is not from here, it has been programed by a foreign company, and they just left us the memories to write and they will manage it to a SCADA system

The MicroLogix does not have the ability to directly read or write ControlLogix Tags.

But the ControlLogix has the ability to emulate PLC/SLC Data Tables, like "F8:0"

In the ControlLogix, your client needs to configure an array tag with a REAL datatype and assign it an equivalent Data Table Number.

For example, the array tag will be "MicroData_FP[10]", which is an array of datatype REAL[10].

In RSLogix 5000, they need to open the Logic -> Map PLC/SLC Messages dialog box.

This feature is where you assign a Data Table Number to an Array Tag.

If you assigned the Data Table Number 8 to the tag "MicroData_FP", then when the ControlLogix receives a message requesting the values of "F8:0, length 10", it delivers the values in "MicroData_FP[0]" through "MIcroData_FP[9]".

That's all that needs to be done on the ControlLogix side.

On the MicroLogix side, the MSG instruction will be a conventional SLC Data Table Read or Write, with a Routing Information (RI) multi-hop path that designates the Slot Number of the ControlLogix CPU.