Power Supply wiring of Modicon M340 BMX AMI 0810

TahirQ

Can Anybody please tell me about the power supply wiring of Modicon M340 BMX AMI 0810 module. All i can get from the catalogues is Two wire sensor wiring.No info about power supply wiring.

the module itself is powered from the backplane. you must wire the sensors so that they provide the 0-20mA or -10 to + 10V signal to the terminals of the AMI module. How this analog circuit is powered will depend on the specific sensor.

I have done wiring of Digital I/O Modules only. This is the first time I am using an Analog Input Module.The Standard power supply module CPS 2000/2010 only powers up the module not the channels. I am getting confused because of wiring diagram of Analog Input Module as there is no explanation about how to power up the channels.

You Will Need an external dc supply to power your loops.

what i normally do is use 3 terminals per Channel

TERM1 - Positive 24vdc
TERM2 - Positive Signal
TERM3 - 0vdc coupled with negative signal.

then for loop powered instruments you connect to terminal 1 and 2 and for instruments with their own supply's you connect to terminal 2 and 3.

hope this helps

Without allowing for circuit breakers or fuses it should look something like this. Assuming you are measuring 4-20mA like chud mentioned.

diagram.jpg

Last edited:
Does Anybody how M340 interprets 4-20 mA current signal. In the form of Integers or Does it convert the current signal to BCD? I need this info for scaling analog input

Not sure but think its integers. But why do you need to know this? If you assign an integer to the channel you get int value. And scaling can be done on the cards configuration directly