Micrologix1200 Communication.....

JoseM

Can I communicate to a Micrologix 1200, going through a Panelview C600?

I have this machine made by SIDEL that has a Micrologix 1200 talking to a Panelview C600 via RS232. I want to access the PLC program on the Micrologix because I have to make a small Modification.

I don't think that the RSLinx Enterprise drivers inside the PanelView Component will allow you to perform channel-to-channel browsing.

The easiest thing would be to unplug the PanelView from the MicroLogix 1200 controller and press the DCOMM button on the MicroLogix to set the communication channel to the default DF1 Full Duplex settings. Press it again to set the communications channel back to its programmed settings.

Remember that the MicroLogix 1200 does not support online editing; no matter what you do, you'll have to put it in Program mode to download the modified program.

what model of 1200 do you have? some have 2 com ports and some don't. If yours doesn't then you'll have to disconnect the panelview to program the plc.

10-4 Ken. I guess I have to wait until the machine goes down to do the modification to the PLC code. I was looking at an offline copy of the program running on the Micrologix 1200 and channel 0 is set for "DF1 Full Duplex".

Do I still need to press the DCOMM key to get it to communicate with RSLinx?

That one Micrologix only has one port and its used for the HMI.

Its likely that the MicroLogix is still in DF1 Full Duplex mode with the default settings. Pressing the DCOMM button will probably not be necessary.

Max is correct, of course, that there is a "1200R" version of the MicroLogix with a dedicated HMI serial port, for exactly this sort of situation where you want to monitor the controller without disconnecting the HMI device.