Help with logix 500

Shiro485

Hello all,
Thanks in advance,
I am trying to understand my position here a bit better. I am more acclimated to logix 5000.

In auto I have an internal/external setpoint operating on a pid loop with a flow meter. When an h/o/a switch is toggled to manual I want the PID ignored and the the setpoint will be just a 0-100% speed for motor.

I want to move that scaled value into the analog out to the drive for instance o:1/0.

It tells me I must address this at the word level. I'm used to being able to move that value directly to the source....so to speak. I guess I don't understand if I cant move a value into the output, how do I go about having that output reference it at the word level?

Excuse my ignorance, still new to this.

Thanks

O:1/0 is a bit level address (the "slash" always denotes a bit).
If your target analog output is Channel 0 of the Analog Output module installed in Slot 1 of the 1746 chassis than MOV your value at Destination O:1.0